The Board of the Judicial Council wishes to recruit a Secretary to the Council.
The Judicial Council is a new organisation which was established in December 2019 as an independent body pursuant to the Judicial Council Act 2019. Its objectives are to promote and maintain excellence and high standards amongst the judiciary in Ireland. It is comprised of all current members of the judiciary. The Board of the Judicial Council performs the functions of the Council on its behalf.
The position of Secretary presents a unique opportunity for a highly motivated candidate who can display innovative leadership and sound organisational abilities in translating the founding vision of the new Judicial Council into an up and running statutory body.
This is a highly demanding and publicly visible role at the helm of a critical new statutory body which will have a strong public profile and a key mission ensuring the promotion and maintenance of excellence in judicial conduct including a mechanism for complaints to be examined, the continuing education of the judiciary and the development of guidelines in the area of sentencing and personal injury compensation.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a high degree of knowledge or expertise in relation to:
- The proper governance and administration, including financial and HR, of a public or regulatory body; and
- The operation of the Courts and the judiciary in Ireland along with the key issues and challenges for same.
Outstanding abilities in the following areas would also be considered of particular relevance:
- Capacity to provide strategic vision in support of the ongoing leadership and development of a new public body;
- Communication skills and a track record in the management of relationships – as relevant to the Council, the Board and its stakeholders, including press and other media;
- A skill set conducive to building up public confidence in a new regulatory body based on soundly established organisational structures;
- A proven track record as a senior manager in a complex organisational or professional setting;
- Sound judgement in managing and prioritizing complex issues;
- Focus with initiative and determination on the delivery of outcomes and results; and
- Operating effectively between professional and public administrative systems or cultures.
Applications including a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and a short (not more than 2 pages) cover letter outlining why you should be considered for the post; where you believe your skills and experience meet the requirements of the post and setting out relevant achievements and experience in your career to date, should be emailed to email@example.com not later than 12.00 noon on Friday 24th April 2020
For additional information email firstname.lastname@example.org or download the Secretary to the Judicial Council Role Information Booklet.
As this deadline has now passed, we are no longer accepting applications for this role.